Here is a list of Obama’s Executive Orders from the White House, annotated
1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
Obama is going to tell Federal agencies to obey the law
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
Obama is going to tell Federal agencies to break the law.
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
With a little bribery on the side.
4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
Tell Holder to see how many more Americans can be prevented from exercising their Second Amendment Rights, without writing a new law.
5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
Just what we need. A new rule to screw citizens out of property that has been stolen and recovered
6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
There are gun dealers who do not handle the paperwork for private sellers!!! Who knew?
7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
The NRA already does that. It is called “the Eddie Eagle” program.
8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
Obama wants to make self defense weapons inaccessible to crime victims, sharply reducing criminals risk of being shot by a victim.
9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
The lawful owner still will not get their stolen guns back.
10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
It is about time they do that again. The last time was 1996, as I recall.
11. Nominate an ATF director.
12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
Ban those damn signs and there won’t be any active shooter situations.
13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
Like we have not been begging for prosecutions, particularly of the gun thieves who enable the overwhelming majority of criminals, since the 1920′s.
14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
Another bureaucratic money pit. We already know the causes and the preventative measures needed to stop most gun related crime. As one among many, I preach it every day, right here.
15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.
There is that “smart gun” stupidity again.
16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
The Affordable Care Act does, and there is a very good reason for it.
17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
Telling people to break the law is a crime.
18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
It would be a far better use of limited funds to furnish willing teachers with basic gun safety and marksmanship training, and a stipend for teachers and faculty who carry on the job.
19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
Why? So another active killer can have twenty minutes or so to taunt his victims before he murders them?
20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
We need prompt and effective treatment for mentally disturbed people – not pages and pages of bureaucratic gobbledegook hidden away in a filing cabinet.
21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
So now we are talking about benefits instead of saving lives. And what in blue blazes does parity requirements have to do with getting an Adam Lanza or a Jared Loughner a mental health evaluation?
22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.
I have heard cornet players triple tonguing but a pol triple tonguing is a first. This is entirely off the subject.
23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.
That would be a classic case of the ignorant leading the uninformed.
And the bottom line? This White House “statement” appears to be no more than a farrago intended to distract attention from this regime’s catastrophic economic policies. As such, it will eventually prove to be as useful as blinders on the statue of a horse.